- Mrs J Spencer Gr5Sp (Grade Head)
- Mrs C McLeod Gr5Mc
- Mr J Mundey Gr5Mu
- Mrs J Dos Ramos Gr5Do
- Mrs T du Plessis Gr5Du
- Mrs R von Fintel Gr5Fi
- Miss J Uithaler Gr5Ui
The Grade 5 teachers would like to extend a warm welcome to you as the Grade 5 parents of 2022. We trust that our relationship with you will be a positive one of commitment, co-operation and good communication throughout the year. With this in mind, we shall be scheduling an Orientation Evening for all Grade 5 parents on Tuesday, 25 January 2022 at 18:00 in the school hall.
Below is a list of stationery requirements for 2022. Please note, this is a starter pack only and consumables may need to be replaced as the year progresses. Please ensure all items are individually and clearly marked and are at school on the first day.
- 3 Rolls of plastic for covering books
- 3 Glue sticks
- 1 Roll of Sellotape
- 2 Blue ballpoint pens
- 1 Large plastic eraser
- 1 Black fine liner
- 1 Pack of kokis
- 4 HB pencils
- 1 Pencil bag 33 cm with zip
- 1 Clear plastic 30cm ruler
- 1 Set of stencils
- 1 Pair of scissors 17 cm
- 1 Sharpener 2 hole with canister
- 1 A4 Display file 10 Page
- 1 A4 Display file 30 Page
- 1 A4 Whiteboard
- 2 Blue whiteboard markers
- 1 Set of 12 pencil crayons
Below is a grade specific list of requirements not included on the 2022 Art & Office starter pack list:
- Earphones to fit into a bank bag (must be clearly marked): – For use with iPads as required as school does not supply for health reasons. These need to be at school every day.
- Large boxes of tissues (200s)
- Afr-Eng Pharos Tweetalige Skoolwoordeboek Bilingual School Dictionary
ISBN: 978 -1-86890-229-3 (From gr4 – this will be used till Gr7)
- Oxford SA Secondary School Dictionary paperback
ISBN: 978 019 0731809 (From Gr4 – this will be used till Gr7)
- Coloured cardboard (when required)
- Coloured paper (when required)
Homework Book and Uniform:
Please do not purchase your own homework diary as we prefer all children to have a standard homework book. This will be given to your child on the first day of school.
Please ensure that your child’s uniform and Physical Education clothes are complete and in good order for the new year. Each item of clothing must be clearly marked. Please refer to our school’s website www.edgemeadprimary.co.za with regards to uniform requirements.
As per the recent survey results, Grade 4 parents are overwhelmingly in favour of their children attending the SOS camp. We are currently negotiating dates and costs in order to accommodate as many of the suggestions made by the parents in the survey e.g. longer payment period and date change to later in the year. We will update you as soon as details have been finalised.
We are looking forward to a successful 2022 and wish you a safe and relaxing festive season with your children.
Grade 5 Teachers