- Mrs I Rautenbach (Grade Head)
- Miss C MacKenzie
- Mrs K Whittemore
- Mrs D Kleibeler
- Mrs C Charles
- Miss R Smith
- Mrs J Twell
The Grade 1 teachers would like to extend a warm welcome to you as the Grade 1 parents of 2022. We trust that our relationship with you will be a positive one of commitment, co-operation and good communication throughout the year. With this in mind, we shall be scheduling an Orientation Evening for all Grade 1 parents on Tuesday, 25 January 2022 at 17:00 in the hall.
Below is a list of stationery requirements for 2022. Please note, this is a starter pack only and consumables may need to be replaced as the year progresses. Please ensure all items are individually and clearly marked. We start work on day 1 and all items need to be at school on the first day.
- 1 jumbo tri-grip HB pencil
- 1 box 12 HB pencils
- 4 whiteboard markers (blue)
- 1 Pair 13cm blunt nose scissors
- 1 Set of 12 colour pencil crayons
- 1 Sharpener (2hole) with canister
- 2 Packs of 12 retractable wax crayons (Mon-Amis)
- 3 x 20 page flip files
- 1 x 33cm pencil bag with zip – no space cases
- 1 x 30cm ruler (not more than 3cm wide)
- 2 white erasers
- 3x 40g Glue sticks
- 1 A4 Whiteboard
- Please place 1x jumbo pencil, 1x white board marker, 1x glue, eraser, sharpener and a set of the retractable crayons inside the pencil case.
- Please place the spare stationery in a 2-litre ice cream tub marked with your child’s name to be kept in the classroom.
Below is a grade specific list of requirements not included on the 2022 Art & Office starter pack list:
- Earphones to fit into a bank bag (must be clearly marked): – For use with iPads as required as school does not supply for health reasons. These must be at school every day.
- We recommend that you take one of dad’s old shirts and shorten the sleeves. It is best to put elastic in the hem of the sleeve so that it fits your child’s wrist.
- 1 Large box of tissues (200s)
- A navy-blue school bag for your books. (We do not allow the wheelie type)
- Plastic at home at all times for the covering of books
Compulsory items which will be given to your child by the school
- Gr1 Lunch bag – please refrain from purchasing an insulated lunch bag as these do not fit in the bags we supply. We specifically request that parents make use of the supplied bags as they are easily identifiable should your child misplace the lunch bag.
- Gr1 Homework book bag for taking books home.
Please ensure that your child’s uniform and Physical Education clothes, including swimming costume, swimming cap (in child’s house colour which the shop will know) and tracksuit are in good order for the new year. Each item of clothing must be clearly marked. Please refer to our school’s website www.edgemeadprimary.co.za with regards to uniform requirements.
We are looking forward to a successful 2022 and wish you a safe and relaxing festive season with your children.
Grade 1 Teachers