APPLICATION PROCEDURE & FORMS
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. TAKE PARTICULAR NOTE OF THE SECTIONS IN BOLD PRINT.
Grade 2-7 Admissions – please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 GRADE 1 APPLICATIONS
Application forms will be available from Monday 17 February 2020 and must be collected from the Principal’s Secretary at Edgemead Primary School. Forms will also be available at the three local pre-primary schools. Applications will close on Tuesday 17 March 2020.
Please note the following:
1. It is the responsibility of the parent to complete all the application documents (every page to be completed) accurately and to return these to the Principal’s Secretary at Edgemead Primary School during school hours.
2. It is an offence to provide false information. The application will be nullified if the school becomes aware of the submission of any false information.
3. We are only able to accommodate 165 new Grade 1 children for enrolment to Edgemead Primary School.
4. Children are enrolled in Grade 1 in the year that they turn 7 years of age i.e. the child must turn 7 during 2020. Exceptions are seldom considered and if so, only after all the children turning 7 in Grade 1 have been accommodated.
5. Children are enrolled according to the admission policy under the “Administration” tab on our website (www.edgemeadprimary.co.za). The following criteria apply in this order:
a) Children who have older brothers or sisters currently enrolled at EPS. These applicants may be resident outside Edgemead.
b) Children whose parents reside permanently in Edgemead. The residence must be owned by the parent or a rental contract for at least one year must be presented. Casual accommodation with a relative or friend does not qualify.
c) Children who do not necessarily reside in Edgemead, but who attend Denison Way Campus, Anton Anreith Campus and Village Educare. However, attending one of these Pre-Schools does not guarantee enrolment. During the past few years, we have NOT been able to accommodate all the children who attend these institutions.
6. Parents are advised to enrol as soon as possible after the application opening date. Please note, however, that enrolling early DOES NOT guarantee acceptance. All applications submitted during the applications window period receive equal consideration according to the above criteria.
7. We do not have waiting lists for enrolments beyond the current application process.
8. We encourage all prospective parents to download the school communicator as we often communicate classroom/school business by this means only. This way of communicating has proved extremely successful and can be personalised so
that you receive only the articles that are relevant to you and your child.
Kindly download the communicator software by copying http://www.school-communicator.com/download.php?schoolid=474 into your address bar to access the communicator website and follow the installation instructions.
The School Communicator can also be accessed via cellphone. Add the link http://schoolcommunicator.mobi to your cellular phone address list to access the School Communicator information easily and quickly via cellphone. We encourage all parents to download this software.
School fees for 2021 will be ratified at the Budget Presentation in October 2020. The 2020 Grade 1 fees are R1 9940 per annum per child which includes an initial payment at enrolment. For 2021 Grade 1’s this initial payment is R1500 and must be paid upon the child being accepted at EPS. The payment is due when the parent confirms attendance at EPS. This is not a conditional deposit but is part of the school fees. The balance is subject to the applicable discount if paid up front. The R1500 is always refundable if the child is withdrawn before school commences in January. Children repeating Grade 1 do not pay the R1500 a second time.
School fees are payable in advance and due at the beginning of the school year. Payment arrangements include an advance annual payment, 4 termly payments or debit order payment in 10 equal instalments (February to November). All fees are subject to discount if paid up front.
For further information regarding current fees refer to the “Administration-Finance-School Fees” tab on our website (www.edgemeadprimary.co.za). Alternatively, contact our Fees Administrator at email@example.com.
Application forms should be legibly and fully completed in block letters. The following completed documents must ALL be supplied with the application form before enrolment can be confirmed.
Grade 1 Only:
- Proof of immunisation or copy of the clinic card
- CEMIS number obtainable from your pre-school or on the report
1. Copy of Child’s Birth Certificate. Only data on this certificate will be regarded as accurate and will be used for enrolment.
2. It is compulsory that each child that we enroll has an identity number. Foreign nationals are to ensure that this is available and that the study documents from the Department of Home Affairs are in order.
3. A copy of the most recent school report card.
4. Proof of the child’s permanent residential address. A copy of a lease agreement or a utilities account in the name of one of the parents/guardians is acceptable as per the application policy.
5. Signed Pupil Pledge.
6. Signed Declaration of Parent/Guardian.
7. Signed School Fees Form (Partial, Conditional or Full Exemption from Payment of Fees).
8. Financial Arrangements (debit order).
9. Signed WCED Learner Profile Grades R-12 Form – Parents to fill in pages 1 & 2 only. https://wcedonline.westerncape.gov.za/admissions-201920
10. Grade 2 to 7: A CEMIS transfer form from the previous school (usually given to the pupil on the last day of school and to be presented on the first day at Edgemead Primary).
A partially completed application form or documents not supplied will delay the enrolment process.
The outcome of this application (whether we can accommodate or not) will be communicated to all applicants by email during June/July.